5 Ways to Teach Your Child a Foreign Language
Learning a foreign language can provide a number of benefits for your child, including improved social skills and wider career opportunities.
If you want to help your child to learn a foreign language, but you don’t know how, here are a few helpful tips to get you started…
- When it comes to learning a new language, it is important to practice as often as possible. Help your child to include language learning in their daily routine by making time to practice together at home or by using an online course.
- Language learning apps for your child’s tablet or smart phone are a great learning tool. They encourage learning through fun and interactive games and they are easy to access anytime, anywhere. There is also a wide range of language resources available on the internet
- Foreign TV programmes are another great way to enhance your child’s language skills. This will give them an opportunity to follow conversations and learn correct sentence structure and pronunciation. It can also be beneficial to watch with subtitles switched on.
- Sticky labels are one of our favourite learning tools, because they are a really quick and easy way to help your child learn the translations of everyday objects. Stick them on everything around the home to help your child to memorise new words and increase their foreign language vocabulary.
- Finally, encourage your child to teach you their language skills! Ask them to pronounce and then translate some of the new words they are learning. This is not only great practice, but it will also help them to memorise the language. Let your child play the teacher and you will both benefit from this fun learning method.
Our centres are based in impressive schools, surrounded by beautiful countryside. They are located in London and the South East of England.
Our range of courses embrace a combination of learning with leisure, so that each student has a memorable experience.
If you have questions about any of our courses, please fill out our course enquiry form with your queries.
Our centres are conveniently located so that both educational and personal trips are trouble-free. We also boast outstanding sports facilities.
English Plus Activity
The aim of the course is to improve English comprehension skills, along with grammar and pronunciation.
Global Young Leaders
Now in its 15th year, Global Young Leaders is a premium debate and communication course for students aged 14 to 17.
English plus Theatre & Dance
These courses offers boys and girls aged 8-17 the opportunity to develop their theatrical skills in Drama and Dance.
English plus Soccer
This course, run in association with Chelsea FC Foundation, are open to boys and girls aged 8-14.
English plus Tennis
This course provides a combination of tennis coaching, English classes and a programme of social activities.
Intensive IELTS Exam Preparation
This course is aimed at pupils aged 14-17, including native speakers.