5 Language Apps for Learning English
The great thing about using apps to learn is that they give you the freedom to learn anytime, anywhere and they can be great fun to use too.
There are some fantastic apps currently available that can really benefit your language learning. But which one is right for you?
We’ve put together this handy list of our top five apps to help you choose…
- Rosetta Stone – This is one of the most famous apps. It includes exercises to help you with basic words, before eventually moving forwards to phrases and sentences. However, the method it uses means you will not find any translations in your own language, forcing you to learn your new language in order to complete the exercises.
- Duolingo – This is a great app for beginners. It allows you to learn English using a series of short games. Perfect for learning on lunch breaks or short journeys. After the completion of each lesson you are awarded points, meaning you can record your progress and aim for higher levels.
- Babbel – Lessons in Babbel are crafted by language experts, and voiced by native speakers. Their aim is to get you ready for real-life situations using 10-15 minute, bite-sized lessons. Their specially designed interactive dialogues will give you the confidence to start making conversations in your new language.
- FluentU – With FluentU, you can learn a new language by watching authentic content like music videos, movie trailers, inspirational talks and news. Each video is captioned, and each word is fully annotated. You can even click on a word to see how it is used in other videos. A fun and unique approach to learning new languages.
- HelloEnglish – Learn English speaking & grammar with useful conversations, simple exercises and fun games. You also have the option to chat with teachers and ask questions. One of the best features is their conversation practice game, which allows you to hold daily-use conversations by speaking into the App.
Our centres are based in impressive schools, surrounded by beautiful countryside. They are located in London and the South East of England.
Our range of courses embrace a combination of learning with leisure, so that each student has a memorable experience.
If you have questions about any of our courses, please fill out our course enquiry form with your queries.
Our centres are conveniently located so that both educational and personal trips are trouble-free. We also boast outstanding sports facilities.
English Plus Activity
The aim of the course is to improve English comprehension skills, along with grammar and pronunciation.
Global Young Leaders
Now in its 15th year, Global Young Leaders is a premium debate and communication course for students aged 14 to 17.
English plus Theatre & Dance
These courses offers boys and girls aged 8-17 the opportunity to develop their theatrical skills in Drama and Dance.
English plus Soccer
This course, run in association with Chelsea FC Foundation, are open to boys and girls aged 8-14.
English plus Tennis
This course provides a combination of tennis coaching, English classes and a programme of social activities.
Intensive IELTS Exam Preparation
This course is aimed at pupils aged 14-17, including native speakers.