What to Pack for Studying Abroad
You’ve been accepted on to your dream course, studying abroad and now you have the overwhelming task of packing for this life changing experience. But don’t panic! Our study abroad packing list is here to help alleviate the stress and help you pack only the bare essentials…
- Aim for around five or six of your favourite outfits that vary in seasonal styles. You are sure to want to visit the local shops and buy some of the current trends.
- Pack a couple of weeks’ worth of underwear. Again, you can always buy more when you arrive, so why waste valuable suitcase space!
- At least one smart outfit and shoes, in case you need to dress up for a special occasion.
- Warm coat or waterproof jacket.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Flip flops.
- Start off with travel-size toiletries and buy more when you arrive.
- Your favourite pieces of make-up or shaving products.
- Toothbrush & toothpaste.
- Medications or prescriptions.
- Smartphone – You may need to look at new smartphone contracts in your host country, but it is still a good idea to take your own for emergencies or if you are missing home and want to look through your photos.
- A travel plug /adaptor – research the type of adapter you will need to charge all your gadgets in your new location.
Hand Luggage Essentials
- A small backpack for day trips.
- Cash – remember to exchange some currency before your trip.
- Passport and visa.
- Student ID, driver’s license, and any other identification.
- Copies of your passport, visa, IDs and birth certificate.
- Small lock and key.
- Notepad & pen.
- Reading glasses, sunglasses and cases.
- Language dictionary.
- Map or guide of the country you are travelling to.
Our centres are based in impressive schools, surrounded by beautiful countryside. They are located in London and the South East of England.
Our range of courses embrace a combination of learning with leisure, so that each student has a memorable experience.
If you have questions about any of our courses, please fill out our course enquiry form with your queries.
Our centres are conveniently located so that both educational and personal trips are trouble-free. We also boast outstanding sports facilities.
English Plus Activity
The aim of the course is to improve English comprehension skills, along with grammar and pronunciation.
Global Young Leaders
Now in its eleventh year, Global Young Leaders is a premium debate and communication course for students aged 12 to 17.
English plus Theatre & Dance
The English plus Theatre and Dance course offers boys and girls the opportunity
to develop their skills
in Drama & Dance.
English plus Soccer
Now in its tenth year, the Our World English plus Soccer course once again joins forces with Chelsea
English plus IELTS Exam Preparation
Perfect for those wanting to learn more about the IELTS Examination.
Advanced Global Young Leaders
Advanced GYL is designed to equip students with the skills required for entry
into top universities
English plus Tennis
These courses provide a combination of tennis coaching, English classes and a programme of social activities.
Intensive Academic Programme
Our Intensive Academic Programme course is aimed at students wishing to sharpen their academic abilities.